Tours are currently on hold until further notice.
Belville Wastewater Treatment Plant Educational Tour
Drinking water is a very precious commodity for almost half the world. Have you ever wondered what is happening to wastewater after we flush it down by our drains and toilets? H2GO's Wastewater Treatment Plant was gifted to us in 2003 by the Town of Belville as an old package treatment plant. H2GO replaced this plant with their current extended aeration treatment plant with tertiary filters. Our Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor and Safety Manager, Brian Griffith, takes pride in preventative maintenance, adjusting operational times for aerators to more effectively and efficiently maintain dissolved organisms (DO) levels, while also providing energy costs savings and giving H2GO more control over their DO levels. This entire system is essential a living ecosystem and we would love for you to come out and see how it works with our Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager.
Plant tours are free of charge.
- Tours take 1 to 2 hours with a 30 minute Q&A at the end
- Open to all aged 5 years and above
- Maximum group size of 20 people
- No late arrivals will be allowed access to the facility
- Tour requests must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance
- Attendees over 18 years of age must present a valid photo ID on the day of the tour
The plants are functioning industrial sites operating 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Sturdy closed shoes, socks and long pants are required for both your safety and comfort. No flip-flops, sandals, clogs, open toed shoes, shorts, or skirts are allowed. Details are covered in the Tour Guidelines.
Please be advised that due to security issues, we reserve the right to refuse anyone from taking part in a tour. We also reserve the right to cancel tours in the event of a plant or district emergency or inclement weather.
While some tours involve quite a bit of walking, climbing stairs, in tight hallways and tunnels, we can change the route to accommodate wheel chairs, canes, and walkers.
Tour Forms and Requests
Thank you for your interest in touring the H2GO's Belville Wastewater Treatment Plant. Please allow two weeks advance notice of your requested tour date to accommodate plant staff notification and proper scheduling at our facilities. We look forward to providing you with an interesting, informative and worthwhile experience.
- Review Plant Tour Guideline
Complete Plant Tour Request
- You will be required to enter a list of attendees as part of the application.
- Not all time slots will be available. In the event neither of your time slots are available, we will contact you to try and accommodate one that fits your needs.
- Day of the tour - Bring completed Release of Liability Forms from all attendees (required)